Asset Performance 4.0 Award
Assets are becoming more and more intelligent. Internet of Things, predictive analytics and Big Data are new tools that will have to be part of the toolbox of the maintenance teams of the future.
In times of industry 4.0, BEMAS wants to honour with this award a digital transformation focusing on maintenance, reliability and availability of the assets. In principle, all types of digital improvement processes are eligible, i.e. both technical and organisational improvements.
The Asset Performance 4.0 Award is open to all types of organisations that operate in an asset-intensive environment. These can be maintenance services, project teams or asset management organisations in the industry or infrastructure world, but also technical service providers can take part in the competitions for the awards. The focus on three different sub-aspects makes the Asset Performance Awards also accessible to SMEs or organisations that have made strong progress in a particular aspect of maintenance or asset management.
How to participate ?
The requested input for your participation in the contest is quite limited:
- Fill out a short online survey
- When you are selected as one of the finalists, you give a 30 minute presentation on Wednesday 13 November 2024 about your project during the Asset Performance 4.0 Conference.
- The awards will be presented on the Award Night, Wednesday evening 13 November 2024.
The questions and presentation motivate you to make a powerful synthesis of the realizations of you and your team. In this way, your presentation will also become an interesting internal working document for anyone who wants to be informed quickly about the operation of the project that has been carried out. In short, an interesting exercise that will teach you a lot.
Why participate ?
- Give a nice incentive to your project team (see below).
- Show that you are proud of the achievements of your organisation and the employees in your team.
- Increase the image of your department and/or your team and company.
- Improve the commitment and pride of your employees.
- Discover additional opportunities for improvement through interaction with the jury.
- Limited amount of time to help you and your company move forward.
Course of the competition
- Registration or acceptance of nomination until April 1, 2024. Participation in the contest is free of charge. You can register online here and fill in the questions.
- From all entries, an independent and neutral jury selects 3 finalists.They will be contacted and announced on May 1st 2024, at the latest.
- Each of the finalists then makes a powerpoint presentation. This must be sent to BEMAS. The exact date will be communicated later. The presentation will then be studied by the jury.
- The finalists will then give a 30-minute presentation on their project to the jury and an audience of maintenance & asset management professionals on Wednesday 13 November 2024, during the Asset Performance Conference in Antwerp, Belgium. The presentation will be done by a maximum of 2 people in English. Finalist companies can register 6 people free of charge for the Asset Performance Conference on 13 November 2024. These 6 invitees will also have access to the Award Night (see point 7).
- After the presentation, the members of the jury give a score on the proposed project. The winner will only be announced in the evening (see next point). Depending on the content of the finalist’s projects, the organisation can decide to introduce an audience award as well. In that case, the audience present at the Symposium can vote using a voting system. However, the 6 invitees of the finalists cannot vote for the case of the company by whom they were invited (see previous point).
- The announcement of the winner will take place during the conference event: the Asset Performance Awards Night. This will take place on Wednesday 13 November 2024. During the award show a spokesman of each finalist will be invited on stage for a short interview (3 min), in which they will be asked to present the essence of the project once more.
- After an interview with the 3 finalists, the winner of the award will be announced by the chairman of the jury. As explained above, the winner was decided during the previous symposium. After the presentation of the 3 awards there will be an exquisite walking dinner. Finalist companies can register 6 people for the award night free of charge.